11.07.2013

Autumn Burned Brightly.












"Autumn burned brightly,
a running flame through the mountains,
a torch flung to the trees"
-Faith Baldwin

Although the rain has picked up and the leaves are all half-fallen, autumn has taken its sweet time here lately, rekindling my trust that it truly is the most gorgeous times of year….
The sun has started to hide its face more than not, but today I finally got the kids outside to take a few portraits while the colors remain. Truly, I even changed June into her dress and bonnet simply because I've wanted to photograph her in that bonnet for over a year now!  It is already quite small on her….
Her grandma made it for her last winter and I just love it.

But, anyway, because there so many (who knew?) wonderful quotes I've run across just lately (thank you, Pinterest)…..here's a few more.

“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” 
― L.M. Montgomery


“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” 
― Albert Camus


“Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.” 
― George Eliot


“Autumn...the year's last, loveliest smile.” 
― William Cullen Bryant


1 comment: